[openssl-dev] [TLS1 PRF]: unknown algorithm
Catalin Vasile
2016-07-27 14:52:17 UTC

I'm trying to use the EVP_PKEY_TLS1_PRF interface.

The first thing I do inside my code is:
pctx = EVP_PKEY_CTX_new_id(EVP_PKEY_TLS1_PRF, NULL);
But pctx is NULL after that call.

I've watched test/evp_test.c and it does not seem it does anything special, but it successful in running the TLS1-PRF tests.

Is there something I'm missing?

Best regards,
Cata
Dr. Stephen Henson
2016-07-27 16:51:32 UTC
Post by Catalin Vasile
Hi,
I'm trying to use the EVP_PKEY_TLS1_PRF interface.
pctx = EVP_PKEY_CTX_new_id(EVP_PKEY_TLS1_PRF, NULL);
But pctx is NULL after that call.
I've watched test/evp_test.c and it does not seem it does anything special, but it successful in running the TLS1-PRF tests.
Is there something I'm missing?
Is it linking against an older version of OpenSSL?

Steve.
Catalin Vasile
2016-07-28 06:38:51 UTC
The scenario is kind of like this:
1. I copy the newest openssl library to the platform I am testing.
2. I build evp_test along with the newest openssl version (the one from point no 1) and then I copy it on the platform I am testing.
3. With an older openssl in the build path, I build a custom application, and then copy it on the platform.

Cata V